Monday, August 10, 2009

Foul Things Lurk In The Dark

Lisa and I were out visiting stores and searching dumpsters for some extra boxes a couple days back and it took us to some interesting places. We had a good little system - Lisa drove and I searched. One dumpster we came across had no boxes in it but it wasn't exactly empty. Opening one foul dumpster, I came across a family of raccoons.

Now, I hate raccoons. All I'll say is that I may or may not have emitted a small man scream and beat a hasty retreat back to the vehicle, doubtless setting some kind of land speed record in the process.

7 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Man scream my ass! I bet it was a high pitched girly scream!!! aahahah

You know, I have never seen a live raccoon!

Way Way Up said...

It may have been a high pitched girly scream Kara. My memory is a little fuzzy at this point. Lisa suggested going back for the camera. We settled on a simple picture of a dumpster but then we got too wrapped up with packing up the house. I still shutter when I relive the incident in my head. I'd rather deal with polar bears than nasty raccoons.

Kennie said...

Boxes eh? Grocery Stores usually have them by the shit load (just ask for a manager as they tend to keep them out back) ... furniture stores are a great place to go to ... and even storage centers usually have moving boxes for sale .... But what worked really well for friends of mine that just moved to a new house were banana boxes if you can find those.... good luck!

Way Way Up said...

We did manage to get some banana boxes from Lisa's father. We just both grossly underestimated the amount of clothing we were packing. We got some oood boxes from Giant Tiger and from an A&W dumpster (thankfully THAT one was raccoon free) and I picked up a few shipping boxes this morning from Mayflower....large boxes with correspondingly large prices but at least I think we are pretty much set this time....or so I hope.

Anonymous said...

Grocery Stores, Walmart, LCBO, They would all be more than happy to re-cycle boxes, not only that , they would proberly be cleaner than a box from a dumpster.

Way Way Up said...

...and vermin free!

:)

Anonymous said...

If you want some racoons for the road I seem to have some that have been frequenting my back yard (ah the composter) LOL