Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lift Off

Another hurdle is now out of the way. Packing up was a challenge at times but we managed to keep our sanity (or at least Lisa did). We also got the good news that our stuff will arrive a few days earlier than originally thought meaning that we will not be stuck camping in an empty house. This was initially a possibility which was proving to be an uncomfortable distraction. With this dark cloud now out of the way I can breathe a big sigh of relief and focus on other things. For the next few days will be staying at Lisa's parents place before heading out Monday for Chard.

I am excited to be in our new community. I look forward to catching up with my photography, getting into my new hobby of bird watching (thanks for hooking me Clare) and getting back to doing some ice fishing. These are also activities that Tamara and Nicholas have expressed some interest in over the past days and I look forward to sharing time with them with these pursuits.





3 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Glad it is all coming together for you!!

Way Way Up said...

Slowly but surely.

spiritoffreedom said...

Welcome to Chard, Alberta! I have a great deal of contact with the community and will be there next week for a meeting with the teaching staff about the community and about an initiative we've been planning for some time. We'll also be cooking dinner on Tuesday night as a welcome for the teaching staff, their families and a new community coordinator - looking forward to meeting you!