Monday, October 19, 2009

Local Wildlife

Other than the horses and a handful of deer last weekend, we haven't seen much major wildlife, though its not like I've made any special efforts lately to get outside and take a look around. I did manage to get a decent picture of this little fellow early yesterday morning while letting Hailey out for a nature call.



The only other squirrels I've seen so far have been around the garbage bins behind the school...when I didn't have a camera handy and up at the provincial park at Willow Lake...where they were just a little too quick up the tree. This is the land of deer, moose and bear so I look forward to a few pictures in the future. If last week's drive was any indication, this is a great time to spot creatures big and small along the highway to Ft. McMurray.

No comments: