Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Peace River

Here are a few pictures from my little work-related trip to Peace River. I flew out of Fort McMurray late yesterday afternoon and was back in Janvier earlier this evening. We stopped briefly in Fort Chipewyan, Alberta's oldest community and just down the road, so to speak, from Fort Smith, Northwest Territories, where I began my career. Fort Chip is one of those places I always wanted to get to and I feel lucky to have finally had my chance.




Peace River was very scenic. My pictures don't do it justice but my stay there was very brief. The topography reminded me a lot of Fort McMurray......and so did the cold.





Peace River (the community and the river) from the air.



This is the aircraft we flew back in. It's been awhile since I've flown in such small aircraft (in Nunavut, the Hawker-Siddely and the newer ATR were the aircraft I usually flew in) but I believe this is a Piper Navajo.

No comments: