Friday, February 26, 2010

Vista Ridge

Yesterday was the big school trip to Vista Ridge. As it turned out I didn't have to discover how bad of a downhill skier I am since I ended up chaperoning at the tubing hill. This was a good thing since not only did it save me from almost certain injury but it also meant I got to spend the day with Tamara. We all had a blast sliding. You can really pick up some good speed and the kids loved going down in large conga lines.

Here are a few views of the tubing hill.







This is the tractor and sled we all piled into to get to the tubing hill. It had descend down a pretty steep slope to get there. I think some of the kids (myself included) would have gladly ridden the sled up and down the hill all day if they had the chance.



Tamara takes a break from all the sliding.



My camera batteries died on me (luckily I had spares) as we descended down to the tubing hill so I had to wait until I had fresh batteries and we were returning back to the lodge before I could capture some decent pictures of the valley. They don't quite show how steep the hill was as well as I had hoped but I still think the views were nice.





This is a view of one of the downhill runs I snapped before boarding the bus back to Janvier. I was glad I elected to go with the tubing group.



All in all a fantastic outing. I look forward to getting back out here with the family in the near future.

1 comment:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

A hill for tubing! How fantastic!