Saturday, March 27, 2010

Making Good Progress

While our blog has been rather quiet the past couple days, we've been quite busy getting things in order with the new house. It's getting late here so I apologize in advance if this post seems a little disjointed. Yesterday wasn't a work day for me so between yesterday and today we've put in a couple 12-hour days moving in some furniture we've bought and doing some cleaning. Lisa has been at it even longer, heading up a few times earlier this week to do some cleaning.

We've discovered that we are only the third owners of the house which is pretty impressive considering this is Fort McMurray we're talking about where it can often seem people only stop by for a short time before moving on.

A couple pictures of our living room.





The kitchen, of course, along with the huge table we picked up. Mind the counter top mess. We're moving after all.





Tamara's room so far. I don't have a picture from before it was painted but we love the change. I was outside shoveling a bit of snow off the front walk way so I didn't get a chance to see Tamara's face when she saw her newly-painted room. Judging by the scream I heard from all the way outside though I knew she was just as pleased as Lisa and I. The bunk bed was a real steal (and a real treat to put together as we had to take the thing completely apart and take it piece by piece into the room before re-assembling it) and we're very happy with it. Someone (I won't say who) screwed up and didn't tell the moving guys to take all the parts upstairs before they departed.





The closet in the boys' room. Lisa picked up a fantastic dark brown crib for Elijah that I had hoped to include here but it seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle as I was putting all these pictures up.



The rec room down in the basement. The photo turned out a little dark but you get the idea.



This is the fourth bedroom in the basement. We had a fresh coat of paint put down and it will serve as part of the daycare area.



The one unique feature of the house is these interesting shelves cut into the wall of the landing heading down to the basement. It sets the downstairs apart from the other areas of the house and gives off an exotic Mediterranean feel.



So there you have it so far. We plan to take a break of sorts tomorrow. We'll stick around the house and try not to let the forecasted warm temperature distract us from doing some packing. It's hard to believe that we officially move one week from today. So much to do, so much to do. But so far so good.

4 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Your place looks gorgeous! That green paint is lovely. The pink however.... I will just say I am SO thankful I have boys!! :)

Have fun getting settled!

Way Way Up said...

For some odd reason Nicholas was adamant about having his room painted yellow.

Morena said...

Great house! The hardwood and the kitchen are fantastic. And I love your choice of bold colors. I'm not a neutral color kind of girl so I love your choices. I have to agree with Kara on the pink but I get it's for a little girl. I had a pink room at her age too, with Rainbows!

Way Way Up said...

The livingroom is actually just a laminate floor but the stairs are hardwood. Eventually we plan to put some more hardwood down. I loved the kitchen too though the appliances are probably older than my fiancee. The place has it's little quirks (our upstairs bathroom will need some major updating) but that's the nature of the beast here in Fort Mac. The house has plenty of character though we'll give it that.