Thursday, May 27, 2010

Out The Window

While we were all pretty disappointed by the amount of rain we got over the long weekend we are seeing results from the deluge in the form of budding trees and flowers. I'm finding the speed of all the change pretty unbelievable at times. Here is a shot from yesterday of the trees in our front yard taken from the master bedroom. I believe they are mountain ash but correct me if I'm wrong.




On another botanically-related note, a kind neighbor did us a huge favour by cutting the front lawn for us this afternoon. Inadvertently, he mowed the little tree we planted out front 3 weeks ago. The poor thing really wasn't much taller than the surrounding grass. But we have plans to head out this weekend and buy some flowers and plants to brighten up our gardens so I'm sure we'll find a suitable replacement.

No comments: