Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Bit Of A Scare....But All Is Well

With the pregnancy entering Week 23, we can now feel slight movements from the baby. It all makes it very real for me and I've found that the idea of a new person soon to be coming into our lives has been occupying a lot of my thoughts lately. While this is considered more of a high risk pregnancy, things have been progressing remarkably smoothly so far. We did, however, have a few moments of angst Friday evening after Lisa slipped and fell outside. I'll admit I tend to be one who defines himself by the line of work he does, but it's amazing how in one small moment, your priorities change VERY quickly.

Without going into all the details and causing undue stress for family back east, I can say that after a couple of tense hours at the hospital everything checked out okay. Lisa was a little shaken and a bit sore with slightly elevated blood pressure but she is doing okay. And the baby is safe and healthy. I admit I'm not the most religious of people but am thankful nonetheless that a few silent prayers have been answered.

2 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Glad she is alright!!

jen said...

Such a horrendous time of year to be pregnant! Glad Lisa and baby are good!