Friday, February 18, 2011

Great Backyard Bird Count

I'll try my best but it looks like, due to my work schedule, I will miss this year's Great Backyard Bird Count. This is an annual project that was first brought to my attention by Clare three or fours years ago and I've had various levels of participation in Nunavut and now Alberta.

So my participation will likely be limited this year. For the most part, sightings at work have been limited to either Ravens or Magpies, though I was pleasantly surprised to catch a good view of a Downy Woodpecker up a telephone pole back before Christmas. But don't let my lack of participation stop you. Check out the GBBC website and don't this opportunity to commune with Nature pass you by. I took up the challenge not that long ago as I mentioned early and a sunny day on the northern tundra turned into a rather interesting new hobby.

No comments: