Monday, February 7, 2011

Three Forts Sled Dog Race

A major winter event that kicks off toward the end of the month here is WinterPlay. It's something we weren't able to take in last year when we were down in Janvier but I'm hopeful that as the festival takes place over several days I will be able to fit a few of the festivities in around my work schedule. Feel free to check out the Municipality of Wood Buffalo's website or the press release for more information should you find yourself up in our neck of the woods.

One of the big highlights for me will be the Three Forts Sled Dog Race early next month. While I know I won't be bombing down the winter road in person as the race progresses, I will be following the event with great interest as it brings back pleasant memories of similar type races from while I lived in Nunavut. While this race is a staged race, the hope is to slowly grow the event, gradually turning it into Alberta's version of the Iditarod.

Let the racing begin!

No comments: