Friday, May 6, 2011

Kiss

While I had heard a few rumours about this, I caught new this past week that iconic rock band Kiss will be making an appearance here over the Canada Day long weekend. Score a big feather in the cap for the city. With last year's Canada Day celebrations attracting the Bare Naked Ladies things look good for having Fort McMurray attract big names to its venue down at MacDonald Island.

I have to smile while I type this because while I was never really a Kiss fan, I think its great they are coming here. Lisa joked about how they must be at least 70 by now and should be retired. She actually had me look up their ages online just to see. I'm not sure that they play with fire on stage as Lisa says but I'm sure they will deliver up a fiery performance nonetheless. Keep on rocking boys!

No comments: