Sunday, September 18, 2011

Summer Waterfowl

With amazing speed the weather is starting to turn. I should be well used to it by now but it still comes as a shock. Last weekend the mercury was in the low 30C range and now I start work with temps hovering around zero. We've even had our first fall experiences with frost. Seeing numerous geese and other waterfowl beginning the fall migration, I found myself longing for my next opportunity to get out and see some non-passerines. Quite likely it will be some time now.

In the meantime I'll just have to satisfy myself with a few photos I came across from a couple summer ago during our move here from Ontario. They're a bit dark as the sun was quickly setting and I won't pretend to be a great birding photographer but they do bring back good summer memories as what is left of our mild weather quickly fades. These photos were all taken during the summer of 2009 during an overnight stop in Longlac, Ontario.







No comments: