Saturday, January 28, 2012

Paul Watson's Revenge?

If you're familiar at all with my previous blog from Nunavut, you probably know eco-terrorist Paul Watson isn't exactly on the top of my Christmas wish list. I've been pretty harsh on him and deservedly so, here being but one example. I mention this because it seems that rather than fading off quietly into the dust bin of history, he has perhaps exacted some revenge.

Turns out, my son Gabriel is turning into a vegetarian. Both Lisa and I had decided before he was born to pursue a vegan diet for him. I'm not vegan myself, but unlike Watson, I prefer to keep an open mind on things. We figured once he was enough to feed himself (Gabriel, that is, not Watson) he could decide for himself. Now, Gabriel is very independent for a 10-month-old and has reached the stage where he only wants to feed himself. Lisa sent me some messages on my cell this morning to say that he was busy chowing down on some berries and bananas and while she did put some tuna in front of him last night, he refused to have anything to do with it. It will be interesting to see if this is just a phase he's going through or if the dormant carnivore I'm sure lies within will finally rouse itself. In the meantime I find the irony of it all rather....delicious.

No comments: