Monday, February 27, 2012

Shower Doors Be Gone



Its been a pretty quiet weekend around the chateau here but busy as well. A couple minor tasks I had been putting off around the house were finished yesterday, namely cleaning the grout on my kitchen floor and finally.....FINALLY getting rid of some old shower doors in the upstairs bathroom. It's amazing how much of a difference a new shower rod and white curtain can make. I'm nowhere close to getting done all the changes I want for the bathroom but its a start at least. I'm pretty sure the shower doors were put on when this place was built and I look forward to finishing off the changes I want to make. The only problem was that there was quite the disgusting brown mark underneath where the door sat on the edge of the tub from the silicon and God only knows what else that had accumulated over the past 30 years. I'm sure a little CLR will do the trick to remove what I couldn't get off. At least the big shower curtain I bought hides it rather nicely. The bathroom is easily the biggest eyesore in the house and my least favorite room....at least for the time being. When I'm done with it, I'll have it looking like a million bucks (hopefully without having to pay a million bucks). And, yes, I will most definitely have a photo or two of the result.

The photo above isn't really connected to this post in any way. I just happened to be looking through some photos on my computer earlier in the day when I came across it. During a jaunt though Bohemia a few summers ago, I was admiring a turn of the century spa which Emperor Franz Ferdinand frequented before he was assassinated. Turning around, I caught a glimpse of what looked like a very small statue out of the corner of my eye. This appears to be the European version of the Rock Doves we see around town here if I'm not mistaken.

No comments: