Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Saga Continues

With temperatures expected to top 30C this afternoon I figured it would be best to do a little indoor work today and what better thing to do then get a little more work done on the second floor washroom. Yes, in what is probably the longest bathroom makeover in modern times, the sage continued today.  Specifically, I wanted to get the painting finished.  I had to wait until I had a day off so that I could get what I needed downtown in order to do some touch ups with some dry wall...the shower head and part of a wall where the old vanity had been.

Here's a little before and after of that shower head.




I could afford to be a tad on the messy side since the lino is definitely going to be replaced....eventually.


For some reason, the paint looks more green through the camera lens than the blue its supposed to be and I still have to do a few touchups around the mirrors and the vanity but its still a major improvement over the '80's-style bathroom I inherited when I moved in to the place.

Before....
              
...and now with new paint and the vanity I had put in back in the Spring.  I'm sure I'll walk back in there an hour from now and fret over all the little imperfections but seeing the before and after photos myself as I type up this post, I'm reminded of the great progress so far.

                                               


It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint will do!

No comments: