Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sometimes I'm Glad My Son Lives in Ontario...

...because even though there are days when I miss him dearly, it brings me great relief and satisfaction to know that when he eventually reaches school age, at least he won't be attending the Edmonton school run by this idiot principal.

Frankly this principal,  Ron Bradley, is a moron.  "Sir", I want my son to be challenged both in school and in life.    Overcoming challenges builds perseverance  and character.  Passing along any child, whether it be mine or any other, does neither of these.  So please, do me a favour, stay in Edmonton so you won't pollute my son's mind and spirit with your stupidity.

2 comments:

Kennie said...

I weep for humanity.

While we are at it, let's get rid of having to mark thousands of assignments, tests and provincial achievement tests. If as an educational system, if we can't hold our students accountable for their actions, then what's the point of it all?

Way Way Up said...

That is a great question I would love this particular principal to answer. I was actually planning on writing about this topic of provincial testing since as you know they do have them here in Alberta. Thanks for the reminder.

The last school board I worked for had a weird fetish with "teaching to the test" and these tests were really stressed, even though test scores for the past several years have been pathetically embarrassing to say the least. And holding anyone, student or otherwise accountable was not exactly their strong suit.