Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Cookie Didn't Fall Far From The Tree

I'm not sure exactly when, why or how this happened, but growing up I always liked cookies.  Peanut butter and chocolate chip, were favorites, and I always looked forward to mom baking up a fresh batch of ginger snaps during the Christmas holidays. She made ginger snaps at other times during the year of course, but some reason, I've always associated ginger snaps with Christmas.  Pushing inexorably toward 40 Christmases now, that adds up to a lot of cookies.  Thankfully, I was blessed with a fast metabolism because by rights I'm sure I'd weigh something like 400 lbs otherwise.

I guess most fathers get nostalgic from time to time and that's why this photo of Gabriel brought these little memories to mind this evening.





No comments: