Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Plans Gone Awry

I guess I'll never really understand some drivers out there and their need to speed.....regardless of weather conditions.  Frankly, I think I'll just stick with Bach.  I have a much easier time deciphering and analyzing 4- or 5-voice fugue than the brains of some people.  Granted, driving conditions in the region have been far from ideal this winter, but it just seems to me there's been a crazy outbreak of traffic delays and highway closures this winter.  I've actually lost track of how many times parts of either Highway 63 or 881 have been closed.  Yes, one instance was due to weather, but many more were due to traffic accidents.  I don't drive but I still have to travel 63 on a daily basis to get to work.  Thankfully, I have no reason to travel on 881.  (I used to live off of 881 prior to moving here so those who know me best know I'd rather stick a fork in my ear than go anywhere down in that general direction.)

Anyhow, I  had plans to see an Oil Barons game this evening but as it turns out, the game was canceled.  The bus carrying the opposing team from Lloydminster got stuck behind an accident on highway 881.  So no game tonight.  I'm not saying driver error was responsible in this instance though I have my suspicions.  The team was apparently going to host a skate with the team in lieu of the game but since  me skating is like a woman in her final moments of pregnancy (in pain and screaming if not heavily drugged) I decided to take a pass on it.

1 comment:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Well now I want to see you skating! ahahha