Friday, August 7, 2015

Game On

After a long wait with much anticipation, Western Canada Summer Games are here.  From now until August 16, our community will be hosting one of Canada's premier amateur sporting events.  Fortunately, last winter's changes to my work schedule mean I will be off for the first half of the games.  The cycling events are all happening in Thickwood, and within an easy walk of the house, so I'm hoping to catch some of the cycling events at least.  I'm also thinking that if I'm lucky I might even run into people I know from Nunavut.  While they will bring a small team covering a select few events, they surely make up for numbers in terms of enthusiasm.  I wish them, and all competing athletes the best of luck over the coming days.  Welcome to Fort McMurray!

No comments: