Saturday, January 16, 2016

Accident at Nexen

The blood pressure always goes up a bit when I catch wind of accidents on site.  Just to alleviate anyone's concerns, I don't work at Nexen, although I've driven by it a few times.  I do know a few people who have worked there though none currently.  We work in an inherently dangerous industry, unfortunately.  That's just the nature of the beast.  I've worked around a coker long enough to know it can be one of the most dangerous parts of a plant.

No doubt, some people will take to social media in order to grind their own personal political axe.  It's apparent that, based on a few comments I've come across, that such people have little understanding of what goes on at such sites.  I hope that rather than clog up the airwaves with their misinformed judgements that they take a minute to realize that this tragedy has affected many people....the families, friends, and co-workers of those involved.


No comments: