Wednesday, June 15, 2016

At Least I Still Have A Roof

To say it was a wee bit gusty today would be an understatement.  The forecast was calling for winds of up to 70 km/hour.  The area I have been working in at my job this week is particularly sandy and dusty on a good day so the winds we got made it feel rather uncomfortable at times.  I think I now understand what it feels like to be sand-blasted.  At one point I took refuge in a work truck along with another co-worker to get a break from the pounding we were taking.  

We turned on the radio for a few minutes for news and at one point I made a remark about how, in the aftermath of the fire, there sure seemed to be a lot of commercials involving insurance companies.  I remembered that line very well when I got home last evening to see that Mother Nature had been unleashing her wrath against the chateau.

Initially this little piece caught my eye laying in the side yard and I assumed it was just a piece of detritus which had been launched over my fence by the winds from parts unknown.


It wasn't until I stepped back and looked up toward my roof that I noticed something a little bit different.


Oh well, I figured.  At least I still have a roof over my head.....and conveniently enough, getting in touch with insurance to get this fixed should be pretty easy to do in town at the moment.

No comments: