Monday, December 12, 2016

Visitors

To say it's bit a wee bit nippy that past few days would be a bit of an understatement.  I suppose I've lived up north long enough to be more or less used to it, although having said that, that doesn't necessarily mean I always like it.  Thankfully I've been on my days off so I take solace in knowing that I don't have to be out working in it.  

While I've had somewhat of a sedentary existence the past week, I've been fortunate to have a few visitors around.  In total, there's something like 10 to 12 species I can regularly expect to see this time of the year without having to leave the house.  No Red Polls or Evening Grosbeaks yet but most of the regulars have made an appearance so far.

Bohemian Waxwings


I'm not really sure why such a large group showed up on the driveway since there isn't anything particularly interesting on the ground there.


The resident Blue Jay.



Not the greatest photo of a Magpie but a Magpie nonetheless.


My first photo of a Pine Grosbeak with the new camera.


...and of course, the ubiquitous House Sparrow (male and female).


No comments: